Call us on 01480 433 443

Office hours 09:00 - 17:30 Mon - Fri

Cover for Tools of Trade & Liability

Posted on: April 8th, 2014 by Dan

Questions anyone running a business should ask themselves–

  • Are my tools covered? – It is a common misconception that tools are automatically covered by your Van Insurance policy. Tools and equipment can be covered separately or added onto your Public Liability policy. To look at the best option for you, please speak to us at the office.

Tools policy claim example – shutterstock_94679761

The policyholder’s van caught fire due to an electrical fault whilst driving. The fire brigade put out the fire at the roadside, but the water that was used to extinguish the flames damaged his power tools beyond repair.

The Insured provided proof of purchase and his Tools policy paid out £1811.43 for the replacement of his damaged tools.

  • Have I reviewed my Liability Insurance? – If your Liability Insurance is not currently with Stuart & Co, we can give you a free review of your insurance to ensure it is up to date and still priced competitively.
  •  What happens if I am injured and unable to work? – If you are self employed and become injured, you may be unable to work whilst you are recovering. A Personal Accident policy can provide peace of mind by ensuring your bills will continue to be paid whilst you are not working.

The above issues are important to sole traders and small businesses alike.  For free advice on any of the above issues please speak to Stuart & Co’s commercial team on 01480 433443.


Are your electronic gadgets covered?

Posted on: February 12th, 2014 by Dan

GadgetIn recent years the value of electronic gadgets people carry has significantly increased. For instance, 10 years ago mobile phones would probably have been automatically covered under a basic personal possessions cover. Electronic gadgets includes items like smart phones, tablets, e-readers and laptops.

Now that the average person carries several hundred pounds of technology in their pocket, average claims for loss of personal possessions have increased. This means that some insurers will only cover such items if separately specified on the insurance policy and agreed by the insurer. People can get caught out if they have assumed their smart phone and other technology are automatically covered. 

It is therefore important that you fully understand what your insurance policy does and does not cover. Each insurer will have a different attitude to different issues. So it is important to make sure your insurer is the right one for you.

At Stuart & Co we keep a close eye on the insurance market and understand how insurer’s attitudes change over time. When we provide an insurance quote, we will give a full review of the insurance to ensure we provide you will the correct cover and the right insurer.


To speak to us regarding your insurance needs please call us on 01480 433 443


GAP Insurance for new cars

Posted on: January 8th, 2014 by Dan


We all love the excitement of buying a new car but many people ignore GAP insurance when offered it at a garage or dealership.

If your vehicle is written off in a total loss claim, your insurance will pay out the market value of the vehicle prior to the accident.

This amount may be significantly lower than the amount you owe the company you are purchasing the vehicle from. Therefore GAP insurance is used to cover this financial gap. (If paying for your vehicle outright, then you will need our Invoice GAP product.)

Most of our GAP Insurance policies are priced between £199 – £250.

So if you are buying or have recently purchased a new car and want to avoid unnecessary costs in the event of a total loss claim, we are here to help.

Stuart & Co Insurance Consultants

T: 01480 433443




Insurance cover for your Tools

Posted on: August 14th, 2013 by Dan

Trades people rely on their tools to carry out their business and may require cover when their vehicle is parked and locked on their drive, outside their house, onsite at customer premises.shutterstock_94679761

Tools protect provides a tools in van insurance policy that protects you from having to find the money to replace tools should you find yourself in the unfortunate position that you are unable to work, due to theft of tools from your van or the tools are damaged as a result of an accident involving the van.

By taking out tools in van insurance cover you will be safe in the knowledge that the cost of replacing tools need not be at your expense.


• Up to £1,000, £2,500 or £5,000 in the event that property belonging to you or for which you are responsible is lost, destroyed or damaged whilst being loaded upon, carried by, temporarily housed upon or being loaded from your vehicle.

Call Stuart & Co to protect your tools today!

Tel 01480 433443    



Latest News

Google PlusTwitter @StuartnCoLinked In